North End Studios A & B Provide:
* Affordable rental spaces for artists, organizations and individuals to hold all kinds of events
* Special reduced rates for non-profit and local community organizations
* Technical support services, especially sound and lighting, for on and off-site events
* Rotating exhibits from local visual artists featured each month
* A year-round schedule of performing arts events
* Fully handicapped-accessible spaces in which to enjoy the arts
The Vermont Performing Arts League (VPAL) was established in 1978 to promote and support performing arts activities, particularly those involving the folk arts and international exchanges. VPAL is a nonprofit, tax-exempt Vermont corporation, supported in large part by private donations, business sponsorships and grants. We are located at our North End Studio A, 294 North Winooski Ave. in Burlington, where we operate our community performing arts spaces and main office.
In December 2012, VPAL proudly presented the 20th annual Vermont International Festival, a celebration of cultures from around the world, bringing their crafts, food, and music to our doorstep. Much more information at vermontinternationalfestival.com.
Also part of our performing arts center:
* Adjacent to Studio B, you will find the Off Center for the Dramatic Arts, the cutting-edge black box theater in Burlington's Old North End.
* Sharing space in our office and on our bookshelves in Studio A is Honeybee Press, which publishes The Salon, a twice-yearly journal of poetry, fiction, essays and plays. Our Local Literature Library is well-stocked with works by Vermont writers.